<$BlogRSDUrl$>

11 August 2004


[KOER Synthetica Radio Transcripts]
Now joining us on the phone from New York City, here's Mike Wallace.

Who are you?

This is KOER. Your publicist agreed to this interview.

All right then.

Well, Mike, our listeners are waking up this morning to reports that you were arrested on Tuesday night.

Someone claiming to be a police officer purported to arrest me, yes.

The reports state that you were arrested for disorderly conduct, and that you allegedly lunged at a Taxi and Limousine Commission inspector at 8:30 pm eastern time.

That's what they say.

Supposedly, your limousine was double parked, and as inspectors were questioning the driver, you emerged from Luke's Bar and Grill carrying a take-out order.

Mike, were you at Luke's Bar and Grill on the Upper East Side at 8:30 pm last night?

I don't have to answer these questions.

Mr. Wallace - according to Alan Fromberg, deputy commissioner for public affairs at the Taxi and Limousine Commission, you then approached the inspectors, in an (quote) "overtly assertive and disrespectful manner." Is this true?

I have NEVER been overtly assertive and disrespectful in my life, you no-name interviewer!

You were then asked to step away three times by the inspectors, and you did not comply.

I have my rights! I refuse to be bombarded with these accusations!

Fromberg then said that you lunged at one of the inspectors.

What kind of an interview is this?

You were then handcuffed and taken to the 19th precinct.

I don't see where any of this is leading.

Mike Wallace - does CBS News employ wild men?

I will not tolerate this any longer!

(Door slams)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?